1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows movie maker wont find video file

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by accordman1, Feb 20, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. accordman1

accordman1 Thread Starter

I have windows movie maker 2.6 on aWindows 10, I have taken a home video of wife and I performing music, and loaded it from my littel Canon onto videos , also onto desktop, when I go to open it in WMM it says no file found. I KNOW its there. WMM just wont open it for some reason.
    any ideas!
    Thanks
    RK

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. accordman1

accordman1 Thread Starter

now that you mention it I seem to remember having to go to photos, I am now there, struggling, but at least at some point I'll have something I can use. Thanks!

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

I recently updated My 9 year old PC' to Windows 10 Pro and it has some program that plays videos and DVD's. Don't know what it is called but seems to do a pretty good job. As good as VLC. I think it was in Photos App. I have Cyberlink Power DVD to play my blu Rays, VLC would only play some older Blu Rays even with the Hack for VLC.

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

Seems like the player is just called "Movies & TV" App in windows 10,as default video player.

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    OP is wanting to edit video (at least that is the purpose of WMM) and the only reason to install an application that is no longer supported by MS.

As to VLC, it has never officially supported Blu-Ray. The only real option for Blu-Ray support is a paid product (that purchases new keys and updates their software).

7. lynx1021

lynx1021

What is the model of your Canon video camera? Like PLODR asked what is the file format?, it may be selectable sometimes it defaults to a Quicktime containers with H. 264 codecs. MP4 is a more compatible format. There are converters out there for purchase , some free.

8. lynx1021

lynx1021

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    OP has not returned since he posted that 2 weeks ago.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240564

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice