1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows movie maker :(

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by LoRd_Of_WaR, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LoRd_Of_WaR

LoRd_Of_WaR Thread Starter

Hello
    i am making a wedding video for close friends but i am useing windows movie maker i have it finished now i want to save it to my comp but everthing i go to save my pc locks up for a few mins whne it getsing about 14% does this happen to anyone else and if so what sud i do thank you

Also its 35mins long
    plus if it dont work do u know any other eidting free software that would do it just as fast i need it done by tonight :eek: thank you

2. ferrija1

ferrija1

Make sure no other programs are running and, if you're really desperate, you could even try safe mode. Also make sure the video output is not a huge file.

3. LoRd_Of_WaR

thanks 4 your help its about 402mb wit 32mins it that to big

4. LoRd_Of_WaR

do u know any other sofware eidting i cud download as i think you r right the video is 2 big thx 4 your help ;)

5. ferrija1

ferrija1

I wasn't saying that there is a max file size for WMM. I was saying make sure the size of the video (WxL) is not huge.

6. bonk

bonk Banned

You told me it was about 102mb not 402mb and buy the way One post per topic.....

7. Denver Dave

Denver Dave

I've had problems loading big files into Windows Movie maker.

Is there a way to create smaller wmv output files and have one start another when the first one finishes. I think Flash can do this, but not sure about wmv.

8. kathokatho

kathokatho

Make sure all of your source files in your project are either .avi or .wmv...anything else can get cranky. Don't use mp3s for the audio. As stated...close everything running in background (CTRL/ALT/DEL...brings up Task Manager)...not only programs..but, also processes (except those running MM and your Windows System.) Always reboot before doing this. Video Edit software is resource hungry.

Try saving the file as High Quality Large (this format usually has the least problems on the save.) Sometimes the save will freeze on a percentage, but is still actually saving...and will zip through at the end. If you are importing a large file into movie maker...let it chop it up into smaller clips and then drag half of them down into the project...then save that project....as a movie...then make another project for the other half of the clips...then import those two movie files back into MM and put together in a project and save together to get a whole movie. (This works well sometimes when working with a large movie.)

9. SilentReyn

SilentReyn

Ah! Your a life saver, thank you soooooo much!
    I have a MPEG file I'm trying to use on a windows movie maker project, and I freeze when I get to a certain percentage, so thank you!
    I'm downloading a trial version of windows SmartSoft Video converter as we speak, so I should have it up soon. Once again, thank you so much.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice