1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Networking via wireless network issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lobbies, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lobbies

lobbies Thread Starter

Here is my situation. Wireless router with wireless extender. Two PCs with wireless USB adapters (PC1 & PC2) and one wireless laptop (LT) on the network. All computers can access the internet. In my network places PC1 and LT can see each other AND also see PC2 which is great. However PC2 cannot see PC1 or LT. Norton antivirus corporate edition is running, XP Pro and all computers have windows firewall enabled. Computers are setup as Static. Why am I have problems with PC2 when all computers seem to have the same settings? Thanks

2. DBClark

DBClark

In your explanation it is not clear as to what computer is running Norton. Third party firewalls seems to be a big problem when setting up a home network for file and print sharing. That would be my first guess at solving your problem.

Edit:

Sorry, after reading again I see that Norton is anti-virus with Windows firewall running...

3. DBClark

DBClark

Did your run the network setup wizard on the pc's? In particular PC2?

4. lobbies

lobbies Thread Starter

Yes. Network setup was run.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/458463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice