Windows No Disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nik_fatw

Hi

Further to these posts, my sister had this problem on her pc and having tried all of the previous fixes it still continued unresolved.

It was of serious concern to me because each time I tried to start any of 3 different anti-spyware/malaware software detection & removal tools (Spybot - search & destroy, Ad-Aware SE & Spyware Blaster - all of which I would highly reccomend under normal circumstances) the "Windows No Disk" window appeared, thus stopping these applications from starting or running. This was tried out with msconfig selective start-up, disabling everything that was not required for a clean boot.

In addition to the before mensioned suggestions I removed, one by one, all installed software.

The problem still persisted.

After many hours over several days I reluctantly re-installed the OS!

I guess I am writing this post for two reasons:

1. Out of interest, has anyone else come across this major problem?

2. Is it possible that there may be a connection with this issue and the connection of an iPod?

Looking forward to any responces as this is my 1st post here,

Thanks,

Nik
x.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Hi nik_fatw, Welcome to TSG!

After your reinstall is everything ok?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online