1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows: no disk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maxirage, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maxirage

maxirage Thread Starter

sometimes when i shut down the computer completely, it will stop and a blue window states : Windows-no disk no disk in drive, please insert.
    It asks to try again, cancel or proceed.
    I am able to get out of this by clicking on any of them a couple of times.

it closes down without any problems but i have to be there to insure that it does close down completely.

as a possible variable, my computer was hit with a virus and my antivirus (pc-cillin) was not able to quarantine it. (since this had happened, my aol favorites disappeared & i have been unable to get them back wiith the myriad ways suggested)

I am hoping i do not need to reinstall everything. i already did the restore points.
    please help

2. Leec65

Leec65

did you scan with system restore turned off and in safe mode

3. rollnw24inkmc

rollnw24inkmc Guest

possible a virus, as far as doing a restore point to rid yourself of a virus infection. that might not and might work depending on when the virus attacked your computer. possible consider dumping the hdd and reinstalling windows.

4. maxirage

maxirage Thread Starter

did not use safe mode but turned off system restore.

5. maxirage

maxirage Thread Starter

forget my last reply. sorry, scan in what way?

6. Leec65

Leec65

you need to do the scan in safe mode so that the virus does not have a change to load up, to get to safe mode boot your computer and tap F8 when going thru post up

7. maxirage

maxirage Thread Starter

and then? What am i looking for? "damaged" or corrupted files?

8. Leec65

Leec65

see if pc-cillin can quarantine or delete it now in safe mode if not you might try one of the other av program like avast or avg

9. maxirage

maxirage Thread Starter

thanks i will try it. i heard avg is really good and better than some of them out there.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice