1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Windows no longer waking from sleep with mouse/keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Automaton539, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Automaton539

Automaton539 Thread Starter

Ok, so, as of 2 days ago my computer no longer wakes from sleep when I press button on my mouse or keyboard. I haven't changed any settings, it just stopped working.

I have tried running "powercfg /devicequery /wake_armed" and they're both set to wake, I've tried enabling and disabling turning off the power to the usb in device manager, and checked both my mouse and keyboard have checks on allow to wake in device manager, and even tried turning off fast startup as I've read it can interfere with sleep mode. And checked all my settings in power management.

Not sure what else to check without going into my BIOS, which I try to avoid at all costs.

For the record, pressing the power button still works, it's just my peripherals that won't wake the computer.

2. Automaton539

Automaton539 Thread Starter

Never mind. It seems turning off "allow hybrid sleep" has fixed it. For now at least.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice