Windows not booting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VADELEE

I have just put together a new pc but windows refuses to boot from the usb, i tried booting ubuntu from the usb and that worked, i also chucked a hard drive that had windows on it in the system but that get stucks on automatic repair (when i put it in another system it boots) the image shows what i get when booting from the usb, at this stage i am completely lost

Attachments

is this boot from MBR or UEFI?

make sure it's UEFI and USB is FAT32 formatted prior to putting Windows installation files to it.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Looks like there’s a connection problem between the PC & monitor or a graphics card problem. Double check the graphics card is seated properly & all connections are fully inserted.

VADELEE

Looks like there’s a connection problem between the PC & monitor or a graphics card problem. Double check the graphics card is seated properly & all connections are fully inserted.
Did that and tried different cards, think i might have to get someone to look at it

take a look into BIOS, if you see an option like "Windows 10 WHQL support", make sure to turn it ON.

VADELEE

take a look into BIOS, if you see an option like "Windows 10 WHQL support", make sure to turn it ON.
I didnt see anything like that but i have tried changing other setting like secure boot ect, i also just tried the same usb boot drive on another system and it worked no problem and surely the fact that ubuntu works means it cant have anything to do with hardware, could it possibly have something to do with the fact its the new 5600x (the motherboard is compatible and doesnt need a bios update)

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Where did you get the copy of Windows 10 that you are using to boot this NEW machine?
And how much did you pay for this copy?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online