Windows Not Detecting Ieee 1394 Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

abenton2x

A year ago ago I purchased a SMARTDISK FIRELITE IEEE 1394 firewire removable hard drive, Model # FWFL40-N.

I originally used it for a powerbook G4, and it worked fine, but the labtop was stolen, so I wanted to transfer data to my PC. At first the drive worked fine but now it won't show up anywhere. I've checked my hardware config, and it lists a 1394 PCI network adapter along with my board's onboard ethernet adapter. I installed drivers from SmartDisk's website, but the software could not detect my drive, and chipset drivers from my Intel's website, and purchased another cable but still no luck. Stumped with this for months now any help would be MUCH appreciated.

CONFIG:
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Mainboard
Model: Intel D915PBL (North Bridge Intel Grantsdale i915P)
Network Adapter: Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers:
OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller 5.1.2535.0
AT&T/Lucent IEEE1394 FireWire Controller
Bus Type PCI
Bus / Device / Function 6 / 5 / 0
Device ID 11C1-5811
Subsystem ID 8086-4556
Device Class 0C00 (FireWire Controller)

crjdriver

The first thing I would do would be to open the case and pull the drive. Install it as a slave drive in your system. Now see if the drive is detected. If so, you have a bad enclosure. If not, your drive itself has probably failed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online