1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows not installing???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Pacify, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pacify

Pacify Thread Starter

Whenever I try to install windows xp on my harddisk by booting cd, after the blue screen where it says loading files and then the three options appear (INSTALL, REPAIR, EXIT) it stops responding when I press enter. Ive installed the same windows xp cd on other systems in my house, they work fine. But whenever on my system it stops responding at the blue screen.

2. zabusant

zabusant

Hi Pacify!

Have you installed it on your PC before? What kind of HDD is it?

Can you get to the Recovery console?

3. Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

What type of keyboard are you using?
    If you are using a USB one then change it for a ps2 one

4. Pacify

Pacify Thread Starter

I have installed it on my pc before, and other pcs in the house (all working fine), but the windows corrupted so thats why I wanted to reinstall.

The hardisk is a 10gb MAXTOR D540X-4K, and I arranged the jumpers to make it master. The harddisk does get detected in BIOS though, its just that windows doesnt install.

Funny thing is that I removed a harddisk (5gb Quantum Fireball) from another pc (which had windows installed in it and was working fine) and placed it in my pc. The harddisk was set as a primary master and was detected in BIOS. But when the Harddisk started to boot, a bluescreen appeared and the computer restarted. I thought maybe I should reinstall windows in it too. But when I did, same problem happened, at the installation screen it stopped responding.

And another thing, with my own harddisk (the MAXTOR one), I thought I install windows in it on another PC. Same thing happened.

I dont mind losing data, cause their is nothing really on it.

Oh and Iam not using a USB keyboard but the normal kind.

The recovery console you say, if you mean that message that says something like press F2 to enter automated recovery console when the windows installation initializes, then Ill try pushing that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice