1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows not seeing my camcorder

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gingertom, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingertom

gingertom Thread Starter

I'm trying to download my film to my pc, but windows is not seeing the device (camcorder).

my system is windows 2000 professional.

using videowave IIIse which came with the firewire.

video camera is samsung VP-D55 firewire pci-fw-plus, 3 ports.

Ive emailed mgi and awaiting responce.
    I found windows support acomplete waste of time.
    I will try samsung next.
    If you have anyother suggestions they i would be most grateful. If i find a solution to my problem, i will forward it on. many thanxs and merry xmas. below is what mgi they suggested. Article: 1667MGIH1 Issue: How can I check to see if Windows recognizes my DV Camera? Cause: General usage question. Resolution: Windows must see the camera before a capture can be done with VideoWave or other software such as Windows Moviemaker in Windows ME. 1. Connect the camera to the computer. Turn on the camera and set it to VCR or VTR mode. 2. On the Windows Start menu select Settings then click Control Panel. Double click the System icon. 3. Select the Device manager tab then click the Refresh button at the bottom of the dialog. The system will take a few moments to refresh and you should then see a new category 61883 Device Class. 4. Click the '+' sign in front of 61883 Device Class. The dialog should display a driver 61883 Class Bus Device and a new category AVC Device Class. 5. Click the '+' sign in front of AVC Device Class. The dialog should display a driver AVC Device. The camera may appear under the heading of "Imaging device" along with 61883 Device Class in Windows ME, and below Imaging Device in Windows 2000. In Windows ME, if the camera is plugged in and turned on it can be viewed in the "My Computer" section as well.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Does windoze recognize your firewire card and is it set up correctly? Set it up per the directions that came with the card and the camera should pop up as being added as soon as you connect it.

3. gingertom

gingertom Thread Starter

win does seem to recognise the card. Though the setup directions were for windows 98 not 2000.
    I downloaded drivers for the firewire. And everything shows up except the camcorder device. Thought i must admit downloading drivers was not even mentioned with the directions. Thanxs for your input anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice