Windows not starting up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sunflowerseeds

Hey I recently installed poweriso and magicdisc on my computer then I rebooted but windows started to hang at shutdown so I just forced a shutdown, now windows is hanging up upon restart and the same happens for safe mode. I'm thinking the problem might be magicdisc because it said drivers were not found and safe mode was hanging around the loading drivers part or that I made a virtual drive (with magic disc). Please help and thanks in advance.

Also I finished a system repair via the disc but I don't know if this will help.

Problem event name: startuprepairoffline
Problem signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem signature 03: unknown
Problem signature 04: 5
Problem signature 05: ExternalMedia
Problem signature 06: 1
Problem signature 07: BadDriver
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Edit: I just reverted to last known config and it's fine but I checked device manager and there's a WAN Miniport (IKEv20) with code 31 that failed to load along with an unknown driver. I'm not sure what to make of this.

Welcome to tech guy forum.

Which W7, 32 or 64 bit; service pack?

Which brand, model & model # computer or motherboard?
Which CPU
Ram details please

When did the problem begin? date, please.

What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Have you run any diagnostics?
You can run the mem diag from the W7 repair options.

Did you build the computer?

Please read: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/code-31-error.htm

Have you considered uninstalling the programs you installed?

Would you consider yourself to be a beginning, intermediate or advanced computer user?

RF123

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online