Windows not updating through Windows update - restarts again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rajat998

When ever I update windows online,

My current build is 10240

The Windows update menu in Settings shows 10586 Build is ready to be downloaded and installed along with laterst Windows defender and MAlacious Software Removal tool for my version

BEsides Adobe Security

Now what happends after keeping machine on for more than 10-14 hours, even after 100% downloaind and installing updates begins then again starts from 0%

I am fed up trying again and again.

I made some interent search, ,s hould I run 3-4 command through DISM ?? like restore health and scan SFC command ?

Is there any option to download 10586 install.wim file from internet and then update from current build 10240 to 10586 using DISM or other such tool, meaning I dont wish to update by windows update rather use some tool like WSUS for updating offline

Could anybody guide from tutarials and screenshots available on sites like, makeuseof.com and free techincial support stuff

There may be some offline update method rather than every time waste time on Windows update

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The current version of Windows 10 is version 1607 build 14393.

I suggest you go HERE to download and save and use the Media Creation Tool to download and save the appropriate Windows 10 ISO file so you can create a bootable Windows 10 disc or thumb drive and then install the current version of Windows 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.