1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows nt emergency repair disk

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CP Idiot, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CP Idiot

CP Idiot Thread Starter

Windows nt

Please Help! My Work Computer has Windows NT and It has crased, however stupid me never made a emergency repair disk.

Now eveything I have tried ask for that disk. Is there anywhere on the Internet that I can download this and then take it to my computer. Please Help! Thanks

2. paul selhi

paul selhi

you can make a nt boot disk to boot your computer from any nt machine however you will not be able to resore the regstry unless you have a seperate back up

to make a boot disk format a floppy (on an NT machine)and copy

NTLDR
    NTDETECT.COM
    BOOT.INI - this may need massaging if you have a non standard install
    NTBOOTDD.SYS - if you used it ( won't harm to have it anyway)
    BOOTSEC.DOS - if you multi booted

if you can boot from this you may be able to copy missing or corrupted file back into your computer

the ERD should have contained the registrt and disk configuration as well as your security settings, if you have not made this you can't recreate it from anywhere else

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice