Windows NT NETLOGON Problem. HELP!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pathios

Hi there,

Heres my problem:

I have an Microsoft NT Back Office 4.5 that belongs to a client of mine. I got a phone call that that users are unable to connect to the server.

I arrive at the scene, and try log into the server localy with the Administrator username and password. It tries to authenticate, but then I get the error message that NETLOGON services are not running on this machine. So therefore there is no way for me to logon to the machine.

I bounce (reboot) the machine, still no joy.

What do I do now? I cant logon to the machine to do anything... so I really dont know what to do. There seems to be no other way into the machine. Could I possibly take the hard drive out the box, slave it in another machine and try edit the registory that way? Is that possible? If so, where/how would I do this?

Any other ideas?

Your help on this would be greatly appretiated.

Pathios

pathios

Hi there,

I know the admin username and password, thats not the problem. The problem is that the NETLOGON service is not starting at startup. So therefore I am unable to authenticate, and therefore I am unable to logon to the machine to change/edit anything.

Hopefully there is someone out there who can help me with this problem.

Thanks!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online