Windows NT unknown logon password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jean Hammond

I have a Windows NT workstation which my teenagers use and have loaded up with game software. They often have company, and it appears that one of their guests decided to put in a different Administrator password, which we don't know. No one can log on to the computer, and we can't determine who did this or what the password is. As of right now, the computer is totally unusable.

I need to find out a way to bypass or break the password, or how to make the computer usable again -- perhaps by reinstalling the operating system. I'm not concerned about data loss. I have also ordered a full copy of Windows 98 SE since that works better for games (was supposed to be a Christmas gift) and would appreciate information or advice on whether that could just be installed as an alternative to reinstalling NT.

Any suggestions or other alternatives (other than torturing all the teenagers until one of them talks)?

My vote would be torture!! Reinstalling would be the easiest way to take care of it. Have you tried the guest account? Try logging in as guest with no password, you might be able to get into user manager then.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online