Windows on my new BenQ GW2765 looks really aliased

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Evolver

So, I recently got a new BenQ monitor which looks absolutely fantastic in videos and in games but windows on the other hand looks really aliased and i do not know why. I am running this monitor in conjunction with my old monitor which is a 1080p display. I have got them both running their own native resolutions and it still looks bad. Also, my App icons look really bad on my task bar as they are really pixelated and don't look anything like as smooth as what is on my 1080p display which is the opposite to what I expected. I am wondering if there is an option i have skipped over, if there is a driver i am missing (windows tells me i have an up to date driver for it) or if i have a faulty monitor. It is connected by a DVI cable to my GPU which is an MSI GTX 970.

I know that the aliasing is only on this monitor as if i screenshot an aliased line and look at it on the 1440p monitor, it looks aliased. However, if I look at that same screenshot on my other monitor (1080p) there is no longer an aliasing or pixelation.

Please leave any suggestions you can I have no idea and am thinking about sending the monitor back.

Also, text looks bad. (cleartype didn't help)

Last edited by a moderator:

valis

Howdy and welcome. I've edited your post for language, please remember this is a family-oriented forum.

thanks,

v

Evolver

sorry about that, I think I have found out the problem it is to do with something to do with the analog and digital connections with a DVI cable (I think). If you are running a monitor at 60fps and 1440p try using an HDMI, it doesn't look any different and doesn't limit the FPS or Resolution.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online