windows only opens in a "small "window mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

danlh4

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 510 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 34506 MB, Free - 23043 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0K5148
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

windows opens in a "small "window mode and it's necessary to click on "Max" in upper right hand corner to properly size the screen. How do I set the computer to open windows in the max screen automatically?

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
Hi and welcome!

Have you tried this with each application:
"Grab" the corners of the window with your cursor and "stretch" it to the desired size but do not maximize it. Now close the resized window.
The resized window must be the last window closed in order for its size to be remembered.

I hope that works.

Richard.

danlh4

Hi and welcome!

"Grab" the corners of the window with your cursor and "stretch" it to the desired size but do not maximize it. Now close the resized window.
The resized window must be the last window closed in order for its size to be remembered.

I hope that works.

Richard.

danlh4

Thanks Richard,
Tried to resize as you suggested and it didn't solve the problem.
Dan
Hi and welcome!

I hope that works.

Richard.

With Interney Explore you have to or used to have to hold the shift key down when you close it to remember and sometimes do it more then once.

danlh4

Thanks Hewee,
Tried suggested cures without success, so I called Microsoft Support who led me thryu steps to correct the problem.
Thanks to all.
Dan

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
Would you care to tell us what was the fix? You haven't answered all questions. It's hard to find a solution with so few details.

Dan, we like to know so we can help others at the Help Forum.
What was the program?
What was the fix?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online