Windows opening half size???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

the_moose

Hello and can I have some help please.... I'm not sure what I've done, but for some reason when I open a new window it is only half size and over to the right of the screen. It happens with new browser windows and also windows I open from the start menu etc

Any thoughts please? Cheers, Moose (y)

bonk

Banned
Howdy,

Open the page and to the left of the red X in the right-hand corner click the box Icon and that will make it bigger.....then close the page using the Red X and then try and open the same page and windows should remember the size it was.

the_moose

Thanks for the reply bonk, I think it's worked ok with my "normal" folders and files, but unfortunately it hasn't solved it with the browser. Any ideas please? :confused:

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
For IE, open a browser window and stretch it to full size (don't use maximize). Now open a second browser window and stretch it to full size. Close the first window you opened, then close the second one.

IE windows should open full size from now on (untill it happens again).

the_moose

Schusterjo... I'm using BT Yahoo as my browser.

Frank4d... I tried your suggestion just in case it worked with Yahoo as well as IE, bu unfortuantely it didn't. Cheers for the suggestion anyway.

I'll see if it happens in IE as well, and try the solution you suggested in IE... maybe :)rolleyes: ) if I'm lucky it might solve it from there???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online