1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows password automatically filled in with wrong password

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Gene321, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gene321

Gene321 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1800 @ 2.41GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 55 Stepping 8
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3987 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -2038 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 467518 MB, Free - 431506 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0KXN37
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
    Don't know if I have a virus or not but when I tried to put in my password to open windows today it was already filled in with a long password, my password is only 10 letters long, and when I hit enter it would say wrong password. After trying about 5 or 6 times it finally let me type in my password. Now I'm afraid to shut off this pc thinking I may not be able to get it back on, machine is only a month old ! This is the first time this problem has happened. Just ran AVG scan and it came back as no threats. Is this just an 8.1 glitch or do I have a virus problem ? Another strange thing that happened recently just before my windows 7 died was I couldn't type my windows password into the password space, couldn't see any cursor, but if I took the pc downstairs to the main floor I finally found it worked just fine downstairs but if I took the pc back upstairs I couldn't type in a pass word again, to fix the problem I just removed the password window but the windows died right after that. but thats one for the books !!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice