1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Phone Update Failure.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by campb3gd, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campb3gd

campb3gd Thread Starter

So, when I got home today, I connected my new Nokia Lumia 900 to my computer. It installed the "USB" portion of the software but it isn't recognized as the actual phone so when i try to use it with Zune, it says I have nothing connected.

So after all of that I notice I have a Windows update. I let my computer restart and it says the update is installing. So i think everything is going good but I was wrong. I plugged my phone back in and let it do its thing and it still won't recognize it. After this, I went to my Windows update history and it says that the update was unsuccessful!

I really have no clue what to do. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them plenty of times; same with the Zune client. I'm really starting to regret not getting the iphone now because of all of this frustration. Please help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice