1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows photo gallery/media player

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by wallpaper00, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallpaper00

wallpaper00 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 3001 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1309 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 142380 MB, Free - 85286 MB;
    Motherboard: eMachines, E520
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

recently my windows photo gallery will not open any pictures i receive through emails also my media videos. the message reads file format not supported. i do believe i have loused something up after down loading a media player that would play region 1 dvd's. which i have now removed. to top it off i have had to purchase a dvd decoder so my windows media player would play my dvd's. that now works. can you help?

2. ngk0585

ngk0585

Forget Microsoft go to:

http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-Player/3000-13632_4-10267151.html

Download VLC media player and let it default to all types of media.It will also play DVD's (don't think it does Blue ray - don't know)
    Good luck

Alternatively - go to Control Panel > Hardware and sound and review to make sure it is calling the program.
    again - good luck

3. ngk0585

ngk0585

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086549

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice