windows photo viewer can't open this picture

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hany70

"windows photo viewer can't open this picture because you don't have the correct permissions to access the file location in windows 7"

when i changed windows 7 to windows 7 professional all pictures not open and this error message appear when I try to open any one

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are all your pictures stored under one main folder? If so, it should be easy to change the file securities to give you access. This article will walk you through the process.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Okay, the path I outlined is the way to handle this precise issue. I don't have other options.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What are the permissions on the pictures folder - if that is where the images are stored
Navigate to the folder using explorer and then right click the folder click properties and then click the security tab
click on your user account and check which boxes are check ticked
If the pictures are not all in the same folder make the check on the folder where the ones that will not open in Windows Photo Viewer are
Will those pictures - jpegs - open with Paint or other suitable app

The problem has arisen because the images were granted permissions from the original installation of Home and now you have installed Professional
I guess that the images are not on the current OS partition.

You MAY find this useful
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/122666-permissions-allow-deny-users-groups.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online