1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows popping up and disappearing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Gumhead, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gumhead

Gumhead Thread Starter

Periodically windows pop up on my machine and disappear instantly before I can read what has popped up. I'm fairly familiar with ridding my computer of spyware/malware etc and am pretty sure it has nothing to do with that.

I've checked the system event viewer in the hopes of learning what's going on, but I'm a novice and have no idea what any of the messages mean. Can anyone help me? Do any of these messages mean I need to fix anything and could these things be related to the popups??

Security notices:

Special priveleges assigned to new logon
    Successful logon
    IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnose the problem.

Application notices:

wuauclt(3200) The database engine stopped
    wuaueng.dll database engine stopped the instance (0)
    wuaueng.dll database engine started a new instance (0)

System notices:

the telephony service entered the running state
    the application layer gateway service was successfully sent a start control
    the application layer gateway service entered the running state
    the remote access connection manager service entered the running state
    the windows image acquisition service was successfully sent a start control
    the windows image acquisition service entered the running state

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/370934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice