1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Problem 1/3 !! Getting Rid of Taskbar Icons

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tinytich, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tinytich

tinytich Thread Starter

Hi there,

After trying to search for solutions to three problems i came across this amazing site so seeing though i have failed completely was wondering if anyone cane help !!

Task Bar Icons !!!

I cant get rid of Quicktime or Safely Remove Hardware. They are always there !! I have done the Right Click/Customize Notifications and then selected always hide to each but makes no difference !!! I have also made the others i want to see always show and this still doesnt rid me of these pesky icons ?!?!??

Any Ideas !!

Thanks

tich

2. imidiot

imidiot

3. tinytich

tinytich Thread Starter

Thanks !! Thats not a bad start and appreciate your help !! its got rid of Quicktime but not the Safely Remove Hardware......it wants to disable my realtek ethanet internet adapter but im using it !! Any further ideas for that one at all anyone ?!!?

4. tinytich

tinytich Thread Starter

Well, i tried the above and it worked whilst i was on the computer but when i rebooted it the quicktime one reappaeared and tthe safely remove hardware is still there...any other ideas ??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/476387