1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Product Activation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sawyer_booster, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sawyer_booster

sawyer_booster Thread Starter

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE REPLY. THANK YOU.

When i start my pc it show logon dialog even before this it doesn't. Whether i logon with user or administrator i get the same error. it said "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d). Click on OK to terminate the application ".I also cannot use CTRL+ALT+DEL key combination. There is nothing except blue background when normal and black when safe mode. i recently update adobe reader. i also uninstall k-lite codec pack and reinstall k-lite mega codec pack without reboot in the first place. I use norton antivirus. I had already try using windows xp cd by copy explorer.exe to the windows.

Now, the problem had solved by using Hiren Boot CD v 10.2 by restore to the previous system check point.

However, i get new error when restart. The tittle show"Windows Product Acivation". It said "A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license fo this computer. Error code:0x8004005".

When I start windows in safe mode with networking, I get the same problem. But, this time I was shown with the user account icon. When I click each user account (User @Administrator), the previous 'activation' error shown.
    This mean I can log on while in safe mode only. One more thing the start menu disappear and only the desktop icon was shown. I can run the task manager and browse My Computer, but I do not know what to do. Besides, it took very long for my windows to show the safe mode windows. Please help. THanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/911794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice