Windows Product Code

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rktii

My PC crashed. Windows 95 files are corrupted. While trying to reinstall Win95, I get the message that the OEM Product Code is invalid. It is the same code I have used for five-and-a-half years, everytime it crashed (the software came with my PC when it was new). Why is it now "invalid"? How can I get it to work.[email protected]

Is it rejecting the code (which we cannot help you with as it would be illegal) or is the PC crashing when reinstall Windows.

rktii

The PC is not crashing when I try to reinstall...it is rejecting the code. BUT, the code IS valid--it's the one I received with the PC/program when I purchased it . Each time it has crashed before (about a half dozen times in the last five years), and I've reinstalled Win 95, it has accepted the code. Now it doesn't.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Make sure you are typing it correctly....I believe it's case sensitive....and make sure you aren't using 1's for L's and vice versa.....and 0's for O's.......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online