Windows programs partially lock up mouse and keyboard!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

speedtouch

Hello, I'm experiencing a problem with Windows, where when I use a program such as windows media player, or msn, the computer will lock up the mouse and keyboard a couple minutes later. Although it is not a complete lock up; I am still able to move the mouse, I just can't click anything, and with the keyboard I can use some shortcuts like CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and the windows key still makes the menu from the bottom left to come up. (although I can't use ALT+TAB or ALT+F4.)

If I log out when it is locked up, and log back in, it will remain locked up. If I restart the computer entirely it works fine, until I run the programs again.

It will not lock up with any games though, which I've found weird, but some other programs such as itunes will lock up. At first I thought it would be something with my sound becuase I first experienced it with windows media player, but after it locked up with only msn live running, I'm pretty sure it is a Windows issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online