Windows Protection Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

roadvision

I went to add a second harddrive to my system, CMOS saw it OK but when I tried to boot I would get a Windows protection error, Its not the drive, it appears that my system (IBM PC300GL) does not like when I try to add an additional device to the system, I cane set it up with both drive and without the CDROM and it works, on drive Slave, one drive Master but if I try to put a third device into the loop it fails.

Scott

dai

are you setting both drives on the same cable mster/slave
and the cd as master on the second eide,what was the original config

roadvision

I have tried it in every combination, Harddrive cdrom, harddrive harddrive, other harddrive and cdrom, all get the same error

Triple6

First Name
Rob
Are you switching the jumpers on the drives correctly? The jumpers must be set as Master and Slave accordingly.

roadvision

I got all the jumpers right, I do this for a living,I just don't have all the answers..

roadvision

I got an update to flash tonight, I hope that is it as IBM does not want to hear from me, They will not even talk to you if your unit is out-of -warrenty

dai

when you connect eide 1 h/d master h/d slave eide 2 cd master can you see them in the bios,check if one is missing when you wobble the cable it could be a crook cable or connector

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online