1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows protection error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by txray2, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txray2

txray2 Thread Starter

Windows protection error while initalizing Device NDIS: Restart computer. Ndis is needed by my vidio adapter. Do I have a conflict? If so how do I fix it?

Someone said I needed to supply more information. It was NDIS NOT (mdis). I changed it above. I am trying to run Windows 98 on a w2656 emachine that came with Windows xp. I got the above error when Windows 98 was installing. The vidio adapter and modem are not working properly. Thanks for the replies.

txray 2

2. hl5

hl5

Well, maybe someone can help you with this but off the top of my head I'd say it would be useful if you provided more information. If people are going to volunteer their time to help you out, it's nice to provide as much information as you can. When does this happen? What's your video card? What's your computer? When did it start happening? What Windows do you run? Etc. You're more likely to get a good response that way I think.

Can you start your computer in safe mode?

If you have a device driver problem you can generally boot to safe mode, and perhaps fix it from there. If you have a video driver problem, you may want to check the website for that video card and see what they say. Perhaps download updated drivers.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice