1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Protection message

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Mikumber, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikumber

Mikumber Thread Starter

When I try to boot up I get a message that says somthing like:
    Windows protection message. You must restart your computer.
    Press any key.

I press any key and it say it is now safe to shut down you computer.

I does it every time.

I can start in safe mode.

Help.

2. Miz

Miz

3. beginnertech

beginnertech

Windows usually does this when its main files / source codes are in jeopardy. Malfunctioning hardware or software could cause this. If you keep getting this message and its unresolved it may cause you computer to crash and you'll lose your OS. I suggest anything that you added before you had this problem, if you can remove it. If you try to run scan disk even in safe mode with this problem you risk your OS. I had a similar problem with bad memory and I ended up losing my OS and had to reformat.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice