1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows QuickLaunch gone and cant create

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by snakeman4066, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. snakeman4066

snakeman4066 Thread Starter

I powered down computer for 3 hrs. Powered back up and it ran checkdisk. Found some errors and corrected.... now when finishes booting up... there is NO QuickLaunch toolbar and when I try to "open" the QuickLaunch I get a little window that says

"unable to create toolbar"

period... thats all it says...

anyone have any ideas.... I have already checkd Registry "the userinit" key... It has correct info....

Thanx
    Snake...

2. stantley

stantley

Your Quick Launch folder should be here C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

If it's not there create a new one.

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What we are going to need is all of the errors that occurred please reboot and start writing. Please post them back here.

4. snakeman4066

QUICK LAUNCH Folder is there... will reboot now and see ifany errors show up...

5. snakeman4066

No errors on reboot... EXCEPT ... Spyware Doctor will not run however... have sent numerous emails to SD....

there is a quick launch in the IE explorrer folder... i ment the Windows Quick Launch toolbar... am i confusing everyone ??... if so my apologies...

6. stantley

stantley

So what happens now when you right-click on the taskbar > properties and check the box 'Show Quick Launch'? You should be able to drag some shortcuts there. By 'Windows Quick Launch toolbar' I assume you mean the Quick Launch area of the taskbar to the right of the start button.

7. snakeman4066

when i right click on the tool bar and select "tool Bar"... then select Quick Launch.... I get a small box labeled TOOLBAR... with the red circle with white X inside ...message "Cannot create toolbar"

8. snakeman4066

When I go the taskbar>Properties route it sits there for about 45 sec with the little hour glass and then presto acts like everything is OK... except there is NO quick launch task bar....really puzzeling...

9. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

when you rt click on the quick launch bar, is it locked?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488143

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice