1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Recording Mixer trouble

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Renegade313, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Renegade313

Renegade313 Thread Starter

over the past two weeks, i have not been able to bring up my windows mixer volume control thing. It has not come up in the sytem tray and it is not in "Start>>all programs>>accessories>>entertainment" nor is it on the system. I didnt attempt to change it and i did not install anything that would have any effect on the sound drivers for my computer. The funny thing is that i can still hear everything perfectly and all my music works with no delays or error messages or anything. So i began to think that it was still on the comp but it may have been moved around mby spyware or something of the sort, so i opened a music editing program i have <cool edit pro 2> and theres an option to actually open the sound mixer <and thats how i found it before, because at first i could still access it but it just wouldn't come up in the sytem tray, so i would have to use cool edit or go to all prgrams, etc.> but that didnt work this time, an error message came up and said something on the grounds of "windows recording mixer could not be found. Another recording mixer may be installed", and another recordning mixer is not installed...

now my question is, what happened, and is there a way to re-install it

<i have tried to put in the resource cd for my comp and install the audio drivers but that didnt work especially since they seem to already be instaled, and i cant do a system restore because there is too many things of great value that is too large in MB to brun it all.> I'm stumped, please help me.

2. t bone

t bone

have u tried...control panel> sound,audio devices>advanced volume controls?

or right click task bar>properties>customize...is the speaker symbol in there ?
    is it listed as always hide?

or try uninstalling cool edit pro and see if it comes back

3. Renegade313

Renegade313 Thread Starter

well, when i called dell and microsoft yesterday all they did was take me to "control panel>>sounds and audio devices" and that didnt work, and the task bar thing was a good idea, however the speaker wasnt in the list...man this sucks...

4. t bone

t bone

are u sure ya didn't turn something on or off in your cool edit pro that could be causing the problem?

other than that i dun no, reinstall xp if that's what ur using.
    good luck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice