1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows refuses to enter a standby mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by milosh, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. milosh

milosh Thread Starter

I have windows XP on my laptop and it just refuses to enter in a standby mode, neither Hibernate mode.:confused:
    Usually it runs very normally but every time I try to put it on standby I get a blue error screen that says that my system have to shut down because of a serious error and that I have to check the bios.
    After that I just switch off the button and have to turn it off!

I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.
    Thanks in advance

2. karbo

karbo Banned

Did you do something lately, like a memory upgrade?

3. milosh

milosh Thread Starter

No! I just noticed that ever since I formatted my PC

4. karbo

karbo Banned

You probably need to install the latest display adapter drivers from the manufacturer of your computer. Alternatively if you know the make of your display adapter you can go and download the latest display adapter drivers from their website. Windows usually installs a very basic display adapter driver that is compatible with your display adapter but lacks the support for energy management.

5. milosh

milosh Thread Starter

I already have the display adapter installed. I'll try to update it, is that what you mean?
    Do you think the problem comes from it?!
    Anyways, I'll give it a shot

6. karbo

karbo Banned

Yes, try to update it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/790813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice