1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Reinstall Question. Lost Restore disc!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jpop, Jun 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jpop

Jpop Thread Starter

Hello. I want to reinstall Windows 98SE on my Gateway Select 700 and I've somehow LOST my Gateway restore CD. Gateway told me that I'd need to download all the drivers from their website. Trouble is, I'm a newbie to all of this, and the driver list for the MB and BIOS look so similar that I have NO CLUE what to download. The last thing I want to do is assume I have the correct drivers, reinstall windows, then find that the drivers don't work!! I have the drivers for my sound card, vid card, ethernet card, mouse, and modem. What else is left? I could care less about the software that Gateway shipped either. I don't want it. I have all the disc's to all the software I need. PLUS, I'm gonna back my system up w/ my RW drive. I'm VERY VERY nervous about doing all this, and I need advice and help BAD. My CPU is an Athlon 700. I'm not sure what kind of motherboard I have. Can someone please give me the "bottom line" on how this has to work?? Thanks a million!!!!

Jason

2. theber4

theber4

Sounds to me like you have everything you need. The motherboard and bios doesn't need drivers anymore and if so you could obtain them off of the internet just by going to the motherboard manufacturers website. Just format the HD and reinstall a new operating system to it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/47165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice