1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows repair fails

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kenneth2k1, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kenneth2k1

kenneth2k1 Thread Starter

I am running through the repair on one of our computers. I put in the XP setup CD, and went through the steps and selected the Windows installation and then repair that installation. It gets through loading the files and all, and when it boots into the installation, after a few minutes I get an error box saying:

Windows was unable to initialize network installation components. The specific error code is 2.

When I click ok and view the setup log, it has an entry:

Error:
    Setup could not register the OLE control because of the following error:
    LoadLibrary returned error 193(c1)

So do I have a bad CD, or what do you think is wrong? I tried two XP cds (even though they were burned from the same original disk)

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Do you have the original? If not you are installing an illegal operating system and we unfortunately can not help you here. Or at least I will not.

3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

read the post, 2 cd's were burned from the original disk.

4. kenneth2k1

They were burned from a legit disk. I don't have that disk because we have a corporate license so that key is used all over the company.

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I think the burn is likely cause -- can you try burning one at a slower write speed?

Else try a different CD or DVD drive to install from if possible.

And the fact that you are copying from a "legit" disk, does not mean that that disk is good for burning.

6. kenneth2k1

I hear ya. I was just saying that in response to the question of if I am doing an illegal install, which I am not. I'll try to track down another copy.

My question is, would these errors be more associated with a read error from the CD, or a write error to the HDD?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488888

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice