Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows repair loop

510 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SpywareDr 
#1 ·
Yo I need help, basically I ran some antivirus program and it reset my pc and it now infinite looped on automatically repairing windows. I can go to my BIOS but I don’t know what to do from here.

#2 ·
Power ON your computer and when the Windows Logo appears, immediately Power OFF

Repeat this 3 times and the next time your computer will go into the Advanced Recovery Environment

Select Advanced Options > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart

Press [F4] to enable Safe Mode ([F5] to enable Safe Mode with Networking)

Log in once Windows starts in Safe Mode. If you are able to login, you can now come out of this and let Windows try to start normally.

If for some reason the above does not work, you will need to boot the computer from a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive. To create this requires using a working Windows 10 computer.

Follow these instrustions to Create a Windows 10 Bootable USB Flash Drive:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-create-bootable-usb-flash-drive-install-windows-10-a.html

Then follow these instructions to boot your computer from this Windows 10 Bootable USB Flash Drive:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/21756-boot-usb-drive-windows-10-pc.html

Now try logging in to Windows once it starts in Safe Mode. If you are able to login, you can now come out of this and let Windows try to start normally.

Notes:

When you are in Advanced Options, you can also choose System Restore. This options will restore your system files back to a to a point when things were working fine. (This option does NOT have any effect on your personal files).

Another in Advanced Options is Startup Repair. This option attempts to repair all Windows errors, (without effecting your files, applications and settings).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.