Windows repair

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Funkyecat

I want to perform a windows repair (automatic no manual). My Windows disk cracked. Would a Windows OEM disk be satisfactory?

You will have to give us more information such as the make and model of your system. Many makes have a repair partition, which you can use for repair or make copies of the installation disks. OEM disks will only work for the make and model they are designed for.

Funkyecat

Velocity Micro
WinXP SP3
AMD 64 3200
1.5 Meg Memory

It had been format with an Win XP SP1 Home to Professional to SP2 then SP3 not a company DVD which was not working. There is no repair partition. All I want is to perform an SFC scannow function and should not affect anything else.

Funkyecat

Everything is illegal to Microsquish.

If your original disk goes bad or cracked, then they expect you to buy a new one-retail.

Fortunately I had a back-up from a month ago. I have to update many programs (FileHippo Update is great) and I also save the new downloads so I don't have to redownload. Everything works fine.

Thanx for your help.

antech

Banned
Problem Solved??
Here in India,
98% of PC I have dealt with have pirated OS installed.
I have never seen a genuine retail windows installed on any of my friends PC
Everyone is a great Microsoft Worshippper,
Except me,
I am a Linux lover.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online