1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows resizing

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kwyll, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kwyll

kwyll Thread Starter

I have just acquired a new i7 inch lcd tfs,The optimun resolution is 1280 \1024.However at this resolution the windows boxes are tiny and for the life of me i cannot figure out how to resize them!.I have looked in display\settings tried every thing in there to the best of my knowledge but to no avail!.Can any one help it would be much appreciated.thanx .kwyll.(operating system is m.e.)

2. p51

p51

What do you mean, when you say that the 'windows boxes' won't resize? Are you refering to a window such as My Documents not resizing? I am not familiar with ME, but with any other version, you can drag the edges of the window to the desired size. If you are referring to the icons, to resize them, you would have to change the resolution, in the display settings.

I am just stabbing in the dark. I am not positive on what you are referring to, when you say Windows Boxes. If you can be a little more specific, I or someone with more knowledge in ME will be able to help you out more.

3. Corrosive

Corrosive

I think he wants to know how to lower the resolution. Again, I am not familiar with ME, but in 98, right clicking the desktop and going to Active Desktop=>Customize my Desktop will get you access to the settings you need (you may have to click on a few of the tabs to find it). You can also go through the control panel, double clicking on Display.

4. p51

p51

If you follow Corrisive's directions, into the Display Settings window, the SETTINGS tab is what you are looking for (farthest tab to the right). Towards the bottom on the right side is a SCREEN AREA section with a slide bar. Move it towards LESS for bigger icons and towards MORE for smaller icons.......not positive if this is the same in ME.

5. kwyll

kwyll Thread Starter

Thanx to those who replied.At the optimun resolution (ive since found out),you cannot resize the windows.By a window i meant internet options \display etc .Text\ icons you can resize ,which i have done.I will just have to use a magnfying glass i guess, or lower the resolution and sacrifice the image quality.Which i am no way going to do.Again thanx .kwyll.

6. Cowboy622

Cowboy622

Don't know if it will help you, but my monitor has buttons and settings on it to move the picture horizontally, vertically, and to stretch it both ways so it may be possible to enlarge the screen window size that way for you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice