1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Resource Protection

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Corpser, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Corpser

Corpser Thread Starter

I did a sfc /scannow and it found some corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. I have the CBS log with the details but I need some help understanding what it couldn't fix. If someone can help me with this I'll post the log for someone to help me.

2. bbearren

bbearren

Right-click Notepad and select Run as administrator. Click File > Open and navigate to Windows\Logs\CBS\, then click the dropdown to the right of the File name textbox and select All Files (*). Select CBS.log, then click Open. If it's a long file, it will take it a bit to open, just be patient. While you're waiting, open a second instance of Notepad, but this one need not be Run as administrator.

Once the log is open, click Edit > Find... and in the textbox type (without the quotes) "cannot repair", then click the Find Next button. When a line is found containing that text, highlight the entire line, copy it and paste it into the second instance of notepad.

In the open log, click on Find Next. When the next instance is found, copy that entire line and paste it into the second instance of notepad. Repeat this procedure until there are no more instances of "cannot repair" in the CBS.log (the Find dialog will say Cannot find "cannot repair".

In the second instance of Notepad that contains only the copied "cannot repair" lines, click Format and remove the check by Word Wrap. Next click Edit > Select All, then click Edit Copy. Paste that into your next post here.

3. Corpser

Corpser Thread Starter

2015-03-10 18:17:34, Info CSI 00000589 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.17415, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
    2015-03-10 18:17:39, Info CSI 0000058b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.17415, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
    2015-03-10 18:25:27, Info CSI 000008d2 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.17415, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
    2015-03-10 18:25:27, Info CSI 000008d4 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.17415, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

Oddly enough it seems to be about the Amd64. Another thing I forgot to mention from the CBS log was that it found quite a few duplicate ownerships didn't know if that was something I should worry/take care of.

4. bbearren

bbearren

The duplicate ownership is not an issue of concern. The AMD64 is just a reference to 64-bit.

From an elevated Command Prompt, type

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and hit Enter. It will take it a bit to run, just be patient.

5. Corpser

Corpser Thread Starter

Error: 0x800f0906

Source files could not be downloaded - Use the source option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077

Then says that I can find the DISM log at its location.

Should I go ahead to that link? And if I should what does it mean by source option?

6. bbearren

bbearren

The link is only an explanation of how to use the DISM too. The source option is for an image file that a developer might have available. You only have the image file that was loaded when Windows was installed, and that error means that your image file is corrupt and cannot be used.

But you do have options. See this post.

7. Corpser

Corpser Thread Starter

I'm not tech savvy enough to understand this to a point where I would feel safe to do that. Is the image file the same thing as windows image?

Edit: When Windows 10 becomes available and if I upgrade to it would this issue be fixed on its own?

Edit2 : When I ran scanhealth it did say that the component store is repairable. Is this the same thing as the corrupted image file or the item that needs to be repaired but can't until the image itself is fixed?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144533

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice