1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows restore.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by l+Dark+l, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. l+Dark+l

l+Dark+l Thread Starter

I can't restore windows using the system restore. I just reinstalled windows and I had to restore windows to an earlier time and I can't.:( And I have another question. How can I delete the recently played music in windows media player?:mad:

2. Del

Del

What happens when you go to Start > Programs > System Tools > System Restore? Does it not show any restore points?

3. Luthorcrow

Luthorcrow

We need a few more details to answer your windows question. For instances, which version of windows? Any updates? Etc.

As for Windows Media Player. Ya that last played list is a pain. I am sure some here could tell you the name of the data file so you could do it manually but here are to quick options that work.

1. I use Window Washer for all my privacy issues. It has hundreds of plug-ins for cleaning the recent history of a great many apps. But it costs $.

http://www.webroot.com/wb/index.php

2. Download Spybot Search and Destroy. This is primarly a spyware killer but it will also include a list of data files including such files that effect recent played lists in Windows Media Player as well as other apps. You can chose to delete these files as well as the any actual spyware that is sitting on your PC. It's is very fast, provides back-restore function, and is very safe if used reasonably. For more tips on this app try the Security section of this site.

http://beam.to/spybotsd

4. l+Dark+l

l+Dark+l Thread Starter

I'm running XP, it does what it usually does (reboots and says it's restoring) but when my computer reboots and I click on my name it says it can't be restored to that time..... Could it be from norton, zone alarm, ms office or corel word perfect?:confused:

5. Del

Del

I've had very good results with system restore unless there was a hard ware change, then it seems not to be able to restore. Have you changed any hard ware?

6. l+Dark+l

l+Dark+l Thread Starter

I had to reinstall windows and after that I added aim,yahoo, zone alarm, norton and ms office and I deleted something outta my recycle bin and I needed it so I tried to restore it to earlier today and that's when I noticed I couldn't restore.:(

7. Duster340

Duster340

8. l+Dark+l

l+Dark+l Thread Starter

I have restore points but it just won't restore.:confused:

9. kknla

kknla

Are the restore points from before you reinstalled windows? Windows might not be able to restore to a point before the reinstall.

10. l+Dark+l

l+Dark+l Thread Starter

No, it's after I reinstalled windows. I deleted windows and reinstalled.:mad:

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice