1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Scandisk

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Uga-Buga, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uga-Buga

Uga-Buga Thread Starter

My problem is that one day the lights went down so did the computer, next time i started it Windows scandisk comes on and scans the disk the problem is that it des it every reboot dispite the fact that the computer was properly shutdown, so can anyine tell me the registry key to remive scandisk from the windows boot!!

Running Windows XP PRO Sp1

2. Uga-Buga

Uga-Buga Thread Starter

Anyone...

3. GrumpyHermit

GrumpyHermit

There will sometimes be a delay getting answers on the weekend. Be patient. I am not experienced in such matters, but I don't think that you want to remove ScanDisc from your computer. I think that, rather than remove it, you should look for ways to get it functioning properly, perhaps by doing a repair installation or running sfc scannow.

Please wait for someone with more experience to look over your post, or you could make things worse by randomly poking about in the Registry. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice