1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Screen Hang Up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by redman2me, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redman2me

redman2me Thread Starter

I have an H-P Pavilion PC with Windows XP Home. Recently, I have had problems, off and on, with not being able to access my desktop. The PC comes on and makes it to the HP blue screen and then proceeds to the Windows XP screen and hangs there. There is no warning at all that this will happen the next time you start up. It will work great for a week and then does it again! Yesterday, I had the computer on for a couple of hours and when I tried to use it last night, it wouldn't go thru to the desktop, again. This morning when I turned it on, I had no problem at all and it started right up on the first try! I'm afraid that one of these times, it won't ever come back on again and I would like to correct the problem before that happens.
    If anyone knows how I can fix this, I would be grateful if they would share the solution with me. Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217431

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice