1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Screen Saver

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rgh43, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rgh43

rgh43 Thread Starter

I'am running Win 7 & using their screen saver program, I use my own pictures, but I cant seem to control the size on the screen, does not make any difference how I size the pictures they do their own thing. They come on the screen to large in some cases. Now I use the same pictures in my Desktop and they size just like I want them to. If a picture is grainy at the lager format I reduce its size so in the Desktop they are clear, not so in the SS. Again they are the same file & I control their size in the file.. Can anything be done?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I've used this free program to make a slideshow and screensaver :- http://www.gphotoshow.com/gpshow_free.htm#.VOGIAf_fQZg

It can automatically resize the pictures, has some nice transitions between pictures and is quite easy to use.

I used it on a digital photo frame I made from an old laptop, it's perfect for that.

3. rgh43

rgh43 Thread Starter

Thank you for the info I will take a look at that site, sounds like it will do the job.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hope you like it. They have a 'Pro' version you have to pay for but I think you'll find the free one is good enough, I did.

EDIT : bear in mind that if you start with a small size and/or low resolution photo it will look poor if it's made to fit the whole screen.

5. rgh43

rgh43 Thread Starter

That is my problem, low res photos and I cant keep them small for some reason they want to fill the screen as they have a mind of their own so they look like ****. In my Desktop I can keep them small so they look good but the SS seems to do its own thing even though they are the same file & same size as the desktop. So this program should do the trick. Thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice