Windows Security Alert

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lblount

About 2 days ago Antivirus Soft Demo appeared in tray. I have a Gateway running XPPro SP2 with Norton.
Windows reports that your computer is infected. AV software helps to protect your comp against viruses/other sec threats. Click here to scan now. At first I couldn't even get online, Then windows-defender-soft page came up with message that it had been reported as malicious. Cannot open email or most pages. Almost all the files that show to be infected are .exe Here is a partial list
msfeedssync.exe
verclsid.exe
searchprotocolhost.exe
rundll32.exe
svchost.exe
ytbb.exe
I have tried using the malicious software removal tool,
When windows defender comes up it tells me my antivirus is not monitored, even though Norton is on.
For a while there was also a little red dot in the lower right of the tray, but I got rid of it. I am very challenged and any help would be appreciated. It also asks if I want to activate my antivirus software now and also if I want to purchase the full version of Antivirus soft. I have another computer I can download to and can get email at. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online