1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Security - Enter Network Password

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by skime5, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skime5

skime5 Thread Starter

Hello...

I am having issues accessing my other computer via a local business network. On my Win 7 laptop, I can see my other computer, but cannot access it because I get a Windows Security Pop-up asking to "Enter Network Password". When I first registared my laptop to the network, I had no issues. But all of the sudden this pop up shows up and now I can not acess the other computer. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Thanks!!!:(

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I don't understand your environment. Please explain the "local business network."

3. antech

antech Banned

Working on a Office PC?
    Seems lack of administrative privilages and/or lack of other permissions.
    Please contact the Network Administrator of your Business Connection.
    The problem is that the computer you are trying to connect is password protected by the user or either by the admin.
    Are you able to connect to other PC on the same network?

4. skime5

skime5 Thread Starter

OK, I am the Admin. for all of my computers on my network. Currently the issue I have 2 computers on the network, 1 win 2000 & 1 Win 7. They are both registared to a workgroup named X. Anyway, up until a week or so ago, everything was working fine. Now, however, I can not go from the W2 computer to access the Win2000 computer files or printer. Everytime I try to access, I get a windows security pop-up asking "Enter Network Password". I checked my setting and I do not have any password requirements.

5. antech

antech Banned

"Google" for such networking problems.
    I will ASAP post the link to you. skime5

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915436