1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Server 2003 as VPN server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by psyion02, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psyion02

psyion02 Thread Starter

I am trying to setup my own VPN, I have installed Server 2003 on my server machine. The server machine is connected to my Netgear router which connects to the internet.

I have setup the VPN service and can connect localy using an advanced connection setup in windows XP on my client machine.

Also on my network is a fileserver running windows vista(soon xp or server) the server has over 500gb of storage mostly full t hat i want to share over my VPN. This is also onnected to the netgear router.

My problem is with sharing these files. How do i set the drives on my file server as standard shares for all VPN connected users? I can access them local over the lan but not sure how to share for users dialing into the VPN?

any step by step tutorials links would be welcomed or if anyone can help me it would be brilliant or if somone can get on msn with me and walk me through what im doing wrong that would be awsome too. Thanks alot

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Information for how to configure a Windows2003 VPN server can be found at:
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/w3k_vpn_server.htm

You don't need to make any changes or additions to shares in regards to VPN client's being able to access previous shares on the server. Whatever you have assigned for the LAN access can work for VPN.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/603026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice