1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Server 2003 Event ID 537

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by yoggle635, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoggle635

yoggle635 Thread Starter

In the Security log of our Windows Server 2003 I have nearly 100 of the following errors:

Logon Failure:
    Reason: An error occurred during logon
    User Name:
    Domain:
    Logon Type: 3
    Logon Process: Authz
    Authentication Package: Kerberos
    Workstation Name: SCPSTORAGE
    Status code: 0xC000040A
    Substatus code: 0x0
    Caller User Name: SCPSTORAGE$
    Caller Domain: SCP
    Caller Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)
    Caller Process ID: 1324
    Transited Services: -
    Source Network Address: -
    Source Port: -

We are running 7 servers, 5 Windows Server 2000 (one of which is the DC) and 2 Windows Server 2003 (the one generating these errors is a file server). I have no complaints of users not being able to log in and this does not seem to be causing any network problems, but I am curious how I can resolve this issue so that this does not fill up my event logs. If anyone can help, this would be great appreciated.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

3. yoggle635

yoggle635 Thread Starter

I think you are correct on this. I am getting some errors in the event log stating that the time server is unavailable (ntp???). Anyway, I have never set this up before. Is there anything I should look out particularly when setting up a time server?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/373469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice