1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Server 2003 R2 - Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Roblobob, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roblobob

Roblobob Thread Starter

We have just acquired a Quad-core Xeon, 4GB RAM dedicated server running Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 32bit. We are using the server to run game and VoIP servers mainly in consoles. This requires that a user be logged in to launch the servers. We access the server via remote desktop.

I have set the server to automatically login on boot using the registry method so that if the server crashes when I am not around the server can restart itself and re-run all the software (using the start menu "Startup" folder).

The problem is that when I login via Remote Desktop the OS creates a NEW SESSION under the same username rather than just connect to the existing session. Yesterday we had three sessions running on the server all using the same username and so each of them was running duplicate apps. This was because the automatic login method created a session, and both myself and another admin logged into the server via remote desktop creating three sessions in parallel.

How do we force the server to accept only one session per username?

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/762663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice