1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Server 2003 Raid Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by AdamInc, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamInc

AdamInc Thread Starter

Hi there, i'm running windows server 2003 on one of my PC's at home and think i screwed up lol.

i have a K8N4-E Deluxe Mobo and it has 4 Sata Ports on the chipset and 4 Sata ports thorugh a SI Raid. So i now have 5 HD's and the 4 on the chipset all get reconized properly but when i try to plug #5 into the raid sata port 1 its not reconized by the system. i'm pretty sure its because i didnt install the raid drivers when i was installing windows, so my question is there a way to install the raid drivers onto the system now that windows has been fully loaded. i dont really wanna format and reinstall everything since installing everything that has to be installed takes FOREVER. i've looked on the Asus website and SI's website and dont seem to see a way.

Any information would help.

Thanks

2. Pookie

Pookie

if you have the raid drivers it shouldn't be an issue to install them as long as they are digitally signed by M$ then should work great. If they aren't digitally signed then it will probably work, but there is no guarantee.

3. AdamInc

AdamInc Thread Starter

Hi there i can find the drivers no sweat but there in the drivers come in a folder that has like
    si3114r5.cat
    si3114r5.inf
    si3114r5.sys
    Si3114r5.cpl
    SIPPD.inf
    SIWinAcc.sys
    TxtSetup.oem

i'm sure those files are suppost to be put on a disc and installed when i install windows server 2003, is there anyway to install those without having to reinstall the OS?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/661434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice