1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Server 2003 - Remote Desktop/Terminal Services

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JoneeJay, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoneeJay

JoneeJay Thread Starter

I have windows server 2003 running terminal services, and when I remote desktop to it - this is what happens

1st connect - everything's fine, runs smoothly
    2nd conect - message "could not connect to remote computer, check connections..."
    3rd connect - "the remote computer ended the connection"

Help me. I am going out of my mind. I have to restart the server everytime this happens.

I regularly need to connect to the server, and its very annoying.

Cheers

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

What does the terminal services manager say when your connecting? Is this on the same PC each time? Are all instances open at the same time or seperately? Windows 2003 defaultly only allows 2 connctions until you enable the Terminal Services licensing. Have you ensured that everyone is actually getting disconnected by the Terminal Services manager when they truely disconnect?

3. JoneeJay

JoneeJay Thread Starter

can't read the terminal services manager because I can't get into it.

It allows only one connection ever. If the session is minimized, closed, logged off - it still will not allow any more connections.

4. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Um if you can't get into your Terminal services manager then I would start looking at whats going on with your Terminal Services on the W2K3 box all together.

read here for a NICE articale on how TS works and the whole thing. You may want to address not being able to get into your terminal services managers before you troubleshoot your own connection in its probably related -

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Windows_2003_Terminal_Services_Part1.html At the end of the page you click on the word here to go to a part 2 that gives more hints a timps too.

5. JoneeJay

JoneeJay Thread Starter

Sorry, stupid thing to say. What I meant to say was that

When it has kicked me off the server, I cant access the manager because Im not connected. I dont have the right monitor atm, but Ive ordered a non dvi one so I can log on locally.

Thanks anyways

6. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Eek let me know what you see. Also look at your Terminal services manager the first time you connect then try and connect from another PC for the second one and then use the first PC to check out the manager... this hsould give you morei nput to work with in diagnosing.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/388650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice